Separatist flags fly on RMS anniversary
- Sun, 04/26/2009 1:06 PM Headlines
- INDONESIA: Five flags of the secessionist South Maluku Republic (RMS) were flown Saturday coinciding with the separatist anniversary in their stronghold Aboru village in Haruku Island district, Central Maluku regency.
- "There were five flags hoisted in Aboru today," an Aboru informal leader, John Malawau, said over the phone on Saturday, adding that the sitution was "just fine.
- "Meanwhile, Maluku Police chief Brig. Gen. Totoy Hermawan Indra said they were checking "rumors" of the incidents.
- Aboru has been labeled as a separatist village as many separatist leaders hail from the village. - JP